Online buildings insurance. Comprehensive protection for your home

Attractive Premiums
Conclude Easily Online
Outstanding Customer Service
Your house is more than just a building – it is your home and it is full of personal items and memories. Protect it with our online buildings insurance.

A powerful storm damages your new awning. A fire puts an end to your relaxing evening in front of the hearth. Our online buildings insurance covers the financial consequences of fire and natural hazard damage. It also pays for damage to doors, windows and floors, for example – and it does all this quickly and with a minimum of bureaucracy.

Cantonal regulations:

Buildings insurance is compulsory in many cantons but not in all of them and regulations can differ.

Cantonal insurance compulsory:
Aargau, Appenzell Ausserrhoden, Basel-Land, Basel-Stadt, Bern, Fribourg, Glarus, Graubünden, Jura, Lucerne, Neuchâtel, Nidwalden, Schaffhausen, Solothurn, St. Gallen, Thurgau, Vaud, Zug, Zurich

Insurance compulsory, but free choice of insurer (e.g. ELVIA):
Uri, Schwyz and Obwalden

No requirement to have insurance:
Geneva, Ticino, Valais, Appenzell Innerrhoden (except in the Oberegg district)

A water pipe bursts, flooding the kitchen and raining onto the floor below. With our buildings insurance, you will soon have dry ground under your feet again.
Burglars caused significant damage to your home during a break-in and the door needs to be replaced. The costs of this are covered by our buildings insurance. If some of your possessions are stolen during the break-in, this is covered by your household contents insurance
Your natural stone sink, your panorama windows or your ceramic hotplates – a small crack can cause a lot of damage. Fortunately, our buildings insurance pays for the glass breakage.
Good to know:
You can also insure glazing in buildings as part of your household contents insurance.
Need help right now? Our professionals will help you free of charge at any time. For example, if gas is leaking from a pipe or your oil tank has sprung a leak and needs to be sealed quickly.
Supplement your buildings insurance with the following modules.

e.g. if someone slips on your property

e.g. if a marten finds its way into your property

for fixtures such as showers and ceramic hotplates

e.g. if the supply pipe for your pool breaks

for disputes with your tenants, for example

e.g. sudden and unforeseen damage, destruction or loss of building equipment and appliances such as lifts and heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems

rental income that is lost as a result of insured fire, natural hazard or water damage

destruction of the building due to collapse, etc.

Form sent successfully.

Apologies, we are currently unable to handle your request. Please try again.

Warning - The E-Mail Address configured for this form is either unverified or invalid. Please verify the E-Mail Address and try again later.

A verification E-Mail was sent to the following E-Mail addresses:

Kindly check the corresponding inbox for a verification E-Mail and verify it.

Warning - The page URL seems to be incorrect. Kindly check the URL and try again.

Additional cover desired?

Error Mandatory field

In whose name is the insurance?

+41 7x xxx xx xx

Remarks, e.g. year of construction or further information about the property (optional)

Error Mandatory field

*mandatory information
that I have read and understood the legal notice and data protection clauses, and I agree to them.

Enter the text from the box. 60 seconds remaining. Can't read the text?

Buildings insurance is not compulsory in the four cantons of Geneva, Ticino, Appenzell Innerrhoden (except in the Oberegg district) and Valais. In all other cantons, buildings insurance against fire and natural hazard damage is compulsory. 

If your house is located in Uri, Schwyz or Obwalden, you must take out buildings insurance with a private insurer such as ELVIA.

In all other cantons, the cantonal buildings insurance covers fire and natural hazard damage. You can take out online buildings insurance with ELVIA for water damage, buildings liability or loss of rental income.

As a rule, cantonal buildings insurance only covers fire and natural hazard damage. You will need private buildings insurance for other types of cover. Among other things, ELVIA online buildings insurance covers water damage, glass damage and damage caused by burglary and theft.
The cost of buildings insurance varies greatly. Among other things, it depends on the sum insured for the house and the selected coverage types and deductibles. We will be happy to calculate an individual quote for you. 
No. With the cover for glazing in buildings in your household contents insurance, you also have sufficient cover for equipment and appliances permanently installed in the building, such as glass ceramic hobs. You can also take out additional insurance for sinks and bathtubs.
Whether it’s for feedback, advice or support, you will find our contact information here.
Want to know the exact details? All our documents are available here for you to download, save and read at your leisure.
A loss can happen in the blink of an eye. Thanks to our 24/7 claims service, you can report it quickly, too.

Combined household insurance

Household contents and liability in one: our combined household insurance keeps everything in good order at your home.

Liability insurance

Get started – and stay completely relaxed. If you accidentally do harm or damage to others, our personal liability cover will help.

Personal legal protection
Legal conflicts are usually unexpected. Our personal legal protection insurance stands up for your rights.